Friday, October 31, 2014

Pre-Construction Meeting

So yesterday we had our pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager and Sales Rep. I had to go alone because the hubby was sick but I think I held it down well. Before the meeting I searched other blogs to see questions that I should ask. Our project manager was great! He's a young guy but definatley knows what he's talking about! He went over every inch of the house on the blue print and explained everything in great detail. He went over all of our selections and colors to make sure they had everything right. I was very impressed. He also said he would be sending out weekly emails with status updates and pictures on Mondays. We live pretty close so we will be able to visit often but those emails are still very helpful. They are projecting that the house will be done in late February so we will probably have closing sometime in early March.  Seems so far away especially since we started the process back in April. But we are soooooo excited to finally start construction. They break ground on Monday.


Pre-Construction Questions

1. Is there an attic storage space? Will there be lights/vents in the attic?
2. What outdoor lights are standard?
3. Will the windows have a screen?
4. Will the laundry fit a front load washer/dryer?
5. Where will the outside hose bibs be?
6. Will the backyard be flat or have a slope?
7. Will we have curved shower rod in guest bathroom?
8. Will master bath shower doors be slide or pull open?
9. Which side is the garbage disposal on in the kitchen sink?

Most questions were answered when he went through the blueprints.

I will post updates and pictures next week!

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you, girlie! Keep updating us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found this! I am currently building a Strauss and all of the other blogs I found are older, it will be nice to follow along with someone that is kind of on the same schedule as me. I should have my preconstruction meeting in a week or two. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's nice to see another townhouse builder! Good luck with your pre-construction meeting!

    ReplyDelete